This is a follow-up discussion to Episode 7.
This week’s podcast is titled “Winning Strategies to Ace a Job Interview”.
Many job seekers today fail to secure job offers due to many factors, a common one being their performances at job interviews where hiring decisions are usually made and looking at the Nigerian economy today, you’ll agree this is a rare opportunity; hence, the need for job seekers to do outstandingly well when presented with such opportunities. They must go prepared!
An interview is a conversation between two or more people where questions are asked by the interviewer to elicit facts or statements from the interviewee. In the case of a job interview, the interviewer (usually the employer or recruiter) assesses the interviewee (potential employee) on the suitability to do a job or otherwise.
[bctt tweet=”A JOB INTERVIEW is a GAME OF PERCEPTION! Hence, you have to make a great impression to ace it.” username=”segunakiode”]
In this week’s podcast, I shared 5 Winning strategies to ace a job interview:
- #1 – A job interview is a game of perception, make a great impression: the secret sauce to acing any job interview is to make a great impression as fast and deep as you can and leave in a blaze of glory. A Job interview is more of a game of perception than competence sometimes.
- #2 – Be professionally dressed for any job interview: the way you dress for an interview tells a potential employer whether you take the job seriously or not. The way you dress is the way you would be addressed, be wise!
- #3 – Don’t go for a job interview unprepared: While your résumé gets you the interview opportunity, your performance at the interview lands you the job, so go prepared.
- #4 – Appear confident, even if you are nervous: it’s alright to be nervous in a job interview but make sure your nervousness is not visible to the interviewer. Conquer your fear and don’t look timid to your potential employer.
- #5 – A job interview is a Win-win and not a Win-lose: A job interview is not a ‘slaughter slab’ but a conversation, so be relaxed. Stop seeing the job interview as a win-lose situation, it is a win-win!
[bctt tweet=”Your résumé ONLY gets you an interview opportunity NOT the job offer!” username=”segunakiode”]
Feel free to ask your questions after listening to the podcast.
Happy listening 🙂
Credit: podcast soundtrack by bensound.com